Just a very quick one from me this evening to update you on the deadlift/powerlifting comp plans.
Unfortunately I won’t be competing
No injury, no crisis of confidence, no zombie apocalypse… Just work!
A job has come up and there’s just no way I can do both.
I have looked around for another drug-tested comp that I can do, but it looks as if I’ve caught the tail-end of the powerlifting season. If I manage to find one, I’ll do it! But for now it looks as if I’ll have to be happy with a solid block of training and a 140kgs deadlift in the gym (yep, after my previous training update, I went on to pull 140×2).
I’ll finish with another leg session “enjoyed” by me and Lady P just this week. A few of you said you enjoyed reading an exact training session last time I posted one. Here you go –
- barbell front squats 40kgs, 50kgs, 55kgs (3 sets of 10)
- barbell lunges 50kgs (2 sets of 10)
- walking lunges
- “red leg press” 100kgs, 150kgs, 150kgs (10 reps) then a dropset 150/100/50 (many reps – this was horrid!)
- nautilus leg extension – 4 dropsets starting at 100kgs and dropping as needed
- nautilus lat pull over machine (yes I know this is an odd one for a squat session! Lady P and I spotted the machine in the corner and were curious)
- seated calves – 100kgs
- nautilus duo
Nicola Joyce – the Fit Writer – is a freelance copywriter and journalist who writes for the sport and fitness industry. Her main website is here.