Bodybuilding prep has taught me a lot of things so far. Goal setting. Focus. Determination. Consistency. Compliance. The fact that A+B will = C.
The bag on the left? My clothes, laptop, toiletries, PJs, paperwork etc. The white bag on the right? My food.
I’m at FEB (the annual Fitness Entrepreneur Bootcamp event) this weekend. I’m here today, tomorrow and Sunday. And, whilst it’s a fitness event, so big bottles of water and bags of veggies are de rigeur, I decided to prep all my food for the weekend and bring it with me. At 6 weeks out from my comp, I am in the mood for complete and utter compliance. If I can’t test my organisational skills and willpower now, when can I? (Er…apart from over the coming weeks 😉 )
So, here we have:
– chopped veg (cauliflower, broccoli, pepper, courgette, cucumber and lettuce, spinach, asparagus, cherry tomatoes – fridge needed clearing out!)
– 4 homemade breakfast protein pancakes
– a homemade apple-y protein cake
– 12 homemade egg ‘muffins’ (not sure what else to call them)
– grilled chicken
– hard boiled eggs
– some pre-cooked chicken
– 4 non-dairy yoghurts (I got sent them for review – will blog it soon)
– some casein powder for a late-night puddingy snack
All mixed, chopped, baked, prepared and pre-frozen by me yesterday. And, yes, I did work yesterday! (And train. Twice.)
I do think it’s hilarious that my food bag is almost the same size as my weekend bag. But you know what’s nice? The fact that no-one here thinks it’s weird (or, if they do, they haven’t said so!), they all understand, and even my roomie (the lovely Zita of Z-Trainer fame) completely understands why I’m eating all my meals out of a cool bag.
I feel quite accomplished having made that lot to bring with me, and know it will all bring me that little bit closer to my goal.
I’ll blog about the talks here at FEB – we’ve already heard some great advice and inspiring presentations.