Fitness kit I’ve tested this week: Natural Hero sports products

I need a hero! Don’t we all, Bonnie, don’t we all? So how lovely of the folk at Natural Hero to send me not one, but two heros in the form of these Natural Hero sports products. One is a somewhat fresh fellow – “cool peppermint muscle spritz” and one is altogether more fiery – “hot ginger muscle rub”.

Both are intended to support sports recovery but without a load of nasties which will damage the environment or us. There’s a fantastic amount of info about the ingredients here including the fact that “Natural Hero products have also been lab tested in a WADA approved doping control and research laboratory to ensure they contain no banned substances for elite level sport.”

Whenever I hear that something is “98% natural” I always think “yeah, what about the remaining 2%?” Natural Hero tell us “There is a big difference between “contains natural ingredients” and products that are as natural as possible. Do not be duped! We are proud that at least 98% of our entire product formulations are natural. We are often asked which of ingredients are synthetic so to save you trawling through our full list of ingredients, they are listed here: Ascorbic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Menthyl Lactate, Potassium Sorbate, Vanillyl Butyl Ether.”

The natural ingredients include such lovelies as ginger root, fennel, witch hazel, borage seed oil and rosemary leaf oil.

Anyway, what are the products like to use?

The ginger rub is great for warming fatigued muscles and it really does produce a lovely sense of heat. And it smells great, not like that well-known muscle rub but actually like something you’d be happy to wear as a body lotion (well I would). It’s got ginger, rosemary and fennel.

The peppermint spritz gives an immediate cooling sensation then a little bit of warmth, perfect for tense muscles or any areas which you know to be a bit stubborn and stiff. Again, no SLS or parabens (hooray!) and again, smells great. This one’s got peppermint oil, witch hazel, arnica, blue chamomile and white willow.

At 100ml, the little bottles are ideal for kit bags and I can safely report that they don’t leak or spill even when squished carelessly into the bottom of your bag with heavier stuff on top.

Two thumbs up! You can tell that a lot of care has gone into these products and that they have been made thoughtfully for athletes (although anyone with sore or achy bodies would be able to benefit from them).

Thank you, Natural Hero people!

As well as the website, you can get Natural Hero products from health and sports stores in the UK and from specialist retailers including Snow and Rock, Sweatshop, Planet Organic and Wholefoods Market.

You can see all my kit and product reviews here.

Fitness kit I’ve tested this week: Natural Hero sports products is a post from The Fit Writer blog.

Nicola Joyce – the Fit Writer – is a freelance copywriter and journalist who writes for the sport and fitness industry. Her main website is here.

Advertisements

Please leave a reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: